Important phone numbers and websites
- Poison Control: 1 (800) 222-1222 www.poison.org/18002221222
- NYS Department of Health: www.health.ny.gov/contact
- Centers for Disease Control: 1(800) 232-4636 www.cdc.gov
- Suffolk County Police (Non-emergency line): (631) 852-2677 suffolkpd.org/ContactUs/PhoneDirectory.aspx
- Suffolk County Department of Health: (631) 854-0000 www.suffolkcountyny.gov/health
- Suffolk County Early Intervention Program: (631) 853-3100 www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/Health-Services/Children-With-Special-Needs
- Free Health Insurance (Medicaid, Child Health Plus) : 1 (877) 543-7669 www.insurekidsnow.gov/coverage/ny/index.html
- Child Protective Services: 1 (800) 342-3720 ocfs.ny.gov/main/cps/
- NY State Domestic Violence Hotline: 1 (800) 942-6906 opdv.ny.gov/help/you-are-not-alone.html
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1 (800) 273-8255 suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- 24/7 Crisis Counseling: (516) 679-1111 longislandcrisiscenter.org
- Postpartum Resource Center of NY: 1 (855) 631-0001 postpartumny.org
- NYS Smokers’ Quitline: 1(866) 697-8487 www.nysmokefree.com
General Health Information
We consider healthychildren.org the most complete and up to date resource for providing information regarding your child’s health and well being, including information about breastfeeding, child safety and injury prevention, child growth and development, nutrition, common medical conditions, etc.
Our practice considers immunize.org the most accurate and user friendly place for patients to get information about immunizations. This site also includes all Vaccine Information Statements free of charge.
Planning to travel outside of the United States? You will find the following link to be very useful to ensure that your upcoming travels are enjoyable.
Please click on the following link to obtain information about local resources, including Non-commercial health insurance, parenting, Early Intervention, Mental Health, etc.
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Supplemental Nutrition Program:
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) provides supplemental foods, nutrition and health education plus health and human services referrals to low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, postpartum women, infants and children up to 5 years of age who are at nutritional risk. To learn more about the program click here.