All our office visits are by appointment only. We do not encourage “walk-in” visits as they will result in very prolonged waiting times. We reserve a large percentage of our appointment availability for same day acute care. Please understand that these must be filled giving priority to clinical importance first and to convenience second. We encourage you to call early starting at 8 am in order to improve your chances of obtaining an appointment. Should you need an excuse note for work/school, we will be happy to provide it for you.
During high volume times (Flu season, etc.) the schedule may fill early and there may not be an appointment available for a convenient time on that day.
If you were unable to get an in-office sick appointment for the same day a TeleVisit may be an alternative option. We encourage to call our office and speak to our telephone receptionist to inquire about televisits and telephone advice so that we can help you manage your child’s condition in the most appropriate way.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommended schedule for health monitoring visits is as follows:
- Newborn visit
- 1 month
- 2 months
- 4 month
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 12 months
- 15 months
- 18 months
- 2 years
- 2 ½ years
- 1 visit per year from age 3 to 18
Because we have to make room for same day acute care the availability of well care visits will vary from 1-8 weeks depending on the age of the child. Please keep this in mind when booking an appointment.
THESE ARE SOME GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR PATIENTS/PARENTS to follow with regards to office appointments:
- Every child must be accompanied by parent/legal guardian. If you would like to assign others to bring your child speak to a staff member and they will provide you with a form that needs to be completed
- Call at 8 am to schedule a same day appointment for acute/sick care
- Arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to process necessary paperwork
- Important documents to bring to your appointment are: insurance card, immunization records, any forms that need to be filled out, hospital discharge summaries and list of current medications
If you will be unable to make it to your appointment on time we ask that you please call us in advance. This will allow us to give that appointment to someone else that may need an appointment. Our office policy is such that three or more consecutive missed appointments will constitute a pattern of non-compliance. At that point we will be unable to provide any more appointments for your child(ren) and he/she will be removed from our practice. We take your child’s care very seriously and expect you do the same. Please consider this when making an appointment for your child.
- Please login to the patient portal before every appointment
- Click the CHADIS button to complete the questionnaires
- Your medical provider will discuss the results at the visit.
In order to provide comprehensive care to your child we need to have up to date information regarding your child’s history, insurance and demographic information. This information needs to be updated on a regular basis. To save time at the office, please click on the link below to download and print the forms. Please make sure to complete the forms entirely and return them to the office at your upcoming appointment.